Does Your Fan Motor Supplier Deliver in These Top Five Ways?
There are fan motor suppliers all over the world, so how do you know which one is the best fit for your organization? The answer isn’t as straightforward as it seems. Obviously, cost is a critical factor – the fan motors you’re purchasing have to be priced right – but what about the indirect costs associated with things like poor performance, headaches and hassles, or damaged credibility.
In addition to pricing, there are a number of things you should consider when evaluating fan motor suppliers. Here are the top five:
- Dependability – There’s nothing more important than the performance of your fan – and the electric motor powering it. It’s your product, after all, so it’s your reputation on the line. Ask yourself if the fan motor supplier you’re talking to has a proven track record of success.
- Flexibility – How willing is your supplier willing to work with you on things like minimum volumes, production schedules and making design adjustments? The trick is finding a supplier who is small enough to listen to your needs but large enough to deliver on the motors you require.
- Communication – It sounds simple, right? You need to be able to communicate well with your supplier. The unfortunate truth is that many purchasers experience less than satisfactory communication with suppliers overseas, and the result can be painful for purchasers and manufacturers alike.
- Innovation – Sometimes it takes a little out-of-the-box thinking to develop a fan motor that meets all of your unique product requirements. Is your supplier thinking on your behalf? It may be your product design, but it never hurts to work with a supplier who understands the latest in energy efficiency and electric motor technologies.
- Accountability – Some suppliers talk a big game, but where are they if you learn the motors delivered don’t match the specs? Whenever possible, we’ll request that one of your fans is shipped to our facility to ensure that the motor we develop works perfectly on your fan. We also follow strict quality assurance and testing procedures to ensure your complete satisfaction.
Headquartered in South Carolina with facilities overseas, MTA Motors is a fan motor supplier who can support you every step of the way, from planning and design to production and delivery.